Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dern pups!

Have you ever had your dog chew on your cell phone? One of mine had done this about a month after I had just decided not to replace the phone, but to just replace the battery. She destroyed the antenna, scratched the screen and sent the poor phone in a downward spiral of misc keys no longer wanting to work. This was over a year ago.

Unfortunately for my carrier, but fortunately for my pocketbook, I have an aversion to signing new contracts and upgrading my phone just cuz I can. Well, my poor puppy decided for me that I needed to get a new phone cuz she got a hold of it again. This is just after having gotten home from an in-laws wedding in Mobile AL.

Friday when I got off work we left and drove 6 hours from FL to AL, blah blah blah, went to the wedding, went to the reception, drove back home to FL and got in at about 2 am Sunday. Somehow in my blind stupor of just wanting to sleep I left my phone out on the table within "puppy reach". It was when I woke up and was picking up the pieces that I started to seriously ponder whether or not I might need a new phone. As I thoroughly enjoyed a rare calm-down-and-don't-be-mad-at-the-dog-cigarette out on the porch and looked at all of the pieces spread out on the bar, I finally came to the conclusion that there was no craft or Crazy glue in the world that was going to put this Humpty Dumpty phone back together again. And while the last thing I wanted to do was drive around to see what cell store had Sunday hours, that is exactly what DH and I did, bless his heart (he was a wee bit tired of being in the truck as well).

Once the purchase was made and a new contract was signed (you know, sign the contract and you'll save $7,970.01 on the price of this phone and get it for the more realistic price of $29.99 BS) I got my new cell phone home and decided to make a case for it. As my camera is still packed in my luggage (yeah, we haven't unpacked yet, what of it?!) I don't have pics yet, but I will post them and a bonus one of the offending pooch. I also managed to finally finish making another pillow sham using the log cabin blocks I found in Shipshe for the bargain basement price of 10 for $5...and the fabric supposedly is late 1800-very early 1900's, but I'll need some opinions on the accuracy of those dates when I post the pics.

Whew, what a weekend. I'm (almost) glad to be back at work. Have a happy day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment