Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another UFO completed...

My poor father had to wait until after Father's Day to receive this as the blind stitching along the border took longer than anticipated.
Along the bottom row you will see a pic of his beloved 60-something 'vette that he never fails to remind us he had to get rid of because it did not have the ability to carry the requisite car seats once we were born. I remind my brother that since he was born first it's more his fault than mine. He loves us, but boy he misses that convertible...





This is my brother way back when and below that is him and my grandfather shortly before our grandfather passed.



My dad's fisherman at heart so I had to go with blues and fish prints along with a big, soft, denim-y border. I used verigated thread that ranged from dark navy to light sky blue.



I kind of posted out of order, but this is the 2nd FMQ I've done and I think I'm getting the hang of it. Not perfect, but I quilt by the Amish philospohy that only God is perfect and you will make at least one, even if intentional, mistake on anything you create.

My next planned quicky project is a pillow sham from some of Cheryl's butterflies. I've got it planned out and am using a Donna Dewberry rustic bark background and it should look like the butterflies are just "fluttering around the woods"...we'll see how that works out for me. I'll try to get some progress pics up later.

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Trina

No comments:

Post a Comment