Wednesday, June 24, 2009

My first...




This is my very first ever attempt at a quilt. I saw the book. I bought the book. I made the quilt. It was a long time ago and to this day it is my favorite of all I've done. I oh, so carefully picked out the fabrics and cut the blocks. Every stitch is by hand. It took about 2 months to finish. When I was done, my mom actually said of my Amish raised grandma, "well, you know that even your grandmother used a sewing machine to piece the blocks...". I think she said that only because I was mentioning that I didn't think my fingers and shoulders were ever going to feel the same after that much handwork. It was a lot of work and it definitely has a beginner look to it, but it was well worth it and I treasure it. Every time I look at it, I keep telling myself that it's time to do another sampler, but I'm afraid the next one just won't measure up to this one!
So, thank this little gem above for giving me the quilting bug and, as they say, the rest is history! Luckily for us quilters, history is always in the making...
Oh, happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment